Kim’s path to the law included decades of freelance work both as an independent consultant in the business world and production management in the entertainment industry. Consistent with that history, her focus in the practice of law is in personal legal matters, including estate planning, business formation and governance, contractual issues, landlord/tenant disputes, and general civil litigation. She also is an appearance attorney, primarily for unlawful detainer matters, throughout Los Angeles and surrounding counties.
Kim holds a juris doctor from Concord Law School and a bachelor of arts in Theatre and Economics/Management from Beloit College.
Business & Contract Law
Attorney Appearances & General Civil Litigation
- Instrumental in resolving hundreds of unlawful detainer matters, representing both landlords and tenants throughout Southern California.
- Handling the business formation process for several new businesses, with focus on non-profit organizations.
- Successful representation of an independent contractor in contract dispute, through jury trial and financial award.
- Successful resolution of employment and labor matters on behalf of both employers and employees. Matters included wage disputes and work-place harassment protection.
- Drafting estate planning portfolios for small to mid-size estates.
Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
Member, San Fernando Valley Bar Association
President, St. Matthew’s Evangelical Lutheran Church of North Hollywood
Member, Actors Equity Association and Directors Guild of America